Donate, Volunteer, Foster, Get Involved!
Every animal that comes through our doors often needs immediate medical care, vaccinations, and nourishment. Operating PAWS is a heartfelt endeavour, and the community’s support is its backbone. Your contribution, no matter the form, directly impacts giving these animals a brighter future. Let’s collaborate to offer them a new lease on life!
How Can You Help?
- Fostering & Volunteering: These are the core ways to make an impact. Detailed information on how to join us in these roles is provided below.
- Transport Assistance: If you frequently drive between Pemberton and Squamish, we could use your help! We always need drivers to transport our animals to vet appointments. To join our driver network, email [email protected] with the subject ‘Drivers List’.
- Donation Points: Many of our town’s generous stores feature PAWs donation containers. Consider dropping your spare change while shopping to support our cause.
- Fundraising: Our fundraising events are sustained by the prizes we offer. Local businesses willing to donate items for these events, kindly contact [email protected].
- Item Donations: We appreciate material donations, but our storage is limited. Before you donate, check our social media for current needs or email us to confirm. All donated items should be in good condition. For food donations, items should be in their original packaging; opened packages are acceptable.
Volunteer Opportunity at Our Animal Shelter
Are you seeking a meaningful way to contribute and make a difference? At our shelter, the heart and soul of our operations are our dedicated volunteers. Remarkably, 80-90% of our daily activities are powered by volunteers like you.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the day-to-day care of the animals.
- Ensuring their feeding routines are maintained.
- Keeping their living spaces clean and tidy
- Administering daily medications and supplements
With a bustling shelter, the health and well-being of our animals remain paramount, and yes, more animals do mean more cleaning! But, every moment you invest here directly impacts the lives of these animals.
- No prior experience is necessary; we provide comprehensive on-site training.
- Volunteers should be physically fit to handle tasks.
- A commitment of at least one two hour shift per week, for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to work comfortably with both cats and dogs
- Must be 19+ years of age
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please fill out an application form below and join us in this rewarding journey to create a safe haven for our furry friends.
Being largely volunteer-driven presents us with unique challenges, especially when it comes to fostering. However, the value of fostering cannot be overstated, as it provides our animals with a nurturing environment outside the shelter. We’re continually searching for dedicated individuals to be long-term fosters.
Ideal Foster Profile:
- Home Environment: Can provide a calm, quiet space for the animal.
- Availability: Doesn’t have long working hours away from home.
- Location: Resides in Pemberton.
- Communication: Excellent at keeping in touch and updating the shelter.
- Flexibility: Able to transport the animal to the shelter for vet visits or potential adopter meet-and-greets.
- Experience: Has a history of caring for animals.
If the above resonates with you and you’re looking to make a tangible difference, we invite you to fill out a foster application below.